It is a multi-state draw game introduced by Michigan state Lottery in 2016. This is easy to play online and in-store to win a jackpot at the cost of $2 per play.
33, 35, 44, 55, 69 Megaball 20
How to play online?
- Firstly, purchase your Mega millions ticket to play.
- Online tickets are available for current draw till 10:45pm, again tickets are available for next draw after 10:45pm.
- Tickets are available in 45 states such as Washington D.C., The US Virgin Island Puerto Rico including Michigan.
- Select one of the following options for purchasing Mega Millions tickets online: Mark EASY PICK, if you want random selection of your numbers. For this select $6 for 3 tickets or $10 for 5 tickets. OR make your own tickets by picking 5 white ball numbers from 1 to 70 and a single gold Mega Ball number from 1 to 25. OR pick 6 to 10 numbers from 1 to 70 and a single gold Mega Ball number from 1 to 25 to generate tickets with every combination of your selected numbers. OR USE FAVORITE PURCHASE option.
- Megaplier is an add-on feature to increases the chances of winning so add Megaplier for $1.00 more per ticket, non-jackpot prize could be increased by 2X, 3X, 4X or 5X.
- Review your Shopping Cart. Subscribe to purchase ticket automatically and select “Save as Favorite Purchase”, to add your tickets to Favorite Purchases.
- Mark CHECKOUT to proceed to payment and choose Continue Shopping if you want to add more tickets to your purchase.
- Go to My Account after login to review your numbers and the drawing times.
- When you sign into your Michigan Lottery Account you will receive all information automatically.
How to Play In-Store?
- Take a play slip at your favorite Lottery retailer.
- Pick 5 white ball numbers from 1 to 70 and a single white Mega Ball number from 1 to 25 mentioned on your play slip.
- Select “Easy Pick” if you want to have your numbers randomly selected.
- You can add the Power Play for $1 more per play, which could increase your non-jackpot prize by 2X, 3X, 4X or 5X.
- Mark the number to which you can draw. You can play up to 30 consecutive drawings.
- Give your play slip to the retailer, he will give you a printed ticket.
- Skip the play slip and ask the retailer for the Replay if you already have a ticket. In Replay all the selections from your existing Mega Millions ticket can be reprinted. Tickets must be replayed within 31 days of original ticket creation.
- Re-check your play slip before giving it to the Lottery clerk because tickets cannot be canceled after they are issued.
Check Your Numbers
If you want to check your Winning Numbers, then keep in touch with Michigan Lottery.
How to claim in-store?
Due to recent pandemic Covid-19, the offices are closed, but you can claim any in-store Lottery winnings of more than $600 and up to $99,999.99 by following ways.
- By making an appointment at claim center: If you win the game and want to claim your winning amount, then make an appointment by calling at 1-844-917-6325.
- Drop-off at a Claim Center: Drop-off your claims at claim center on Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- By Mail: Sign the back of the ticket. Fill out the Ticket Receipt Form carefully. Attach a copy of a valid photo ID and Social Security Card. After completion, send all documents to the Michigan Lottery Attn: Claim Center. You should keep a copy of all documents for your records.
How to claim online?
- Prizes of $600 and below are deposited directly into your Michigan Lottery account. Players may withdraw winnings from their account at any time. The minimum withdrawal amount is $10.
- Prizes of greater than $600, and up to and including $99,999.99, you will be required to submit an online claim to process your winnings.
- Log in to your account at www.michiganlottery.com. Go to “My Account” and claim your prize.
- Provide copies of your Social Security card and valid photo ID.
- After submission, your claim is approved, and the prize will be deposited directly into your Michigan Lottery account.
- Players may withdraw money at any time. The minimum withdrawal amount is $10.
- Prizes of $1,000 and more state law (MCL 432.32) requires the Michigan Lottery to withhold any outstanding debt that should be directed to the Department of Treasury at 517-636-5265.
- Prizes of $100,000 and more you will need to submit an online claim form. After this you will receive an e-mail.
- Then visit Lottery headquarters, located at 101 E. Hillsdale in downtown Lansing, to claim your prize.
- Log in to your account at www.michiganlottery.com. Go to “My Account” and select “Tax Reported Prizes.” Then, follow the instructions on the screen.
- You can also claim by making an appointment.
Winning Prize Payment Options
After drawings if you are winner and claimed for your jackpot prize, you will be paid in one of two methods.
- Lump Sum/ cash payment option: In this method Lump sum amount of jackpot is paid to winners. If the Jackpot winners select the cash payment option on the time of ticket purchase, they will be paid a lump sum amount at present cash value of the jackpot share.
- An annuity: If a jackpot winner selects the annuity payment method, the jackpot is paid out through a graduated annuity over 30 years (5 percent increase per payment). Whatever the payment option is selected by winner, he must pay the Federal tax of 25% and state tax of 2.45% on every prize over $5,000.
In the same draw, if there are two or more winners then jackpot prize is equally divided into winners or if two or more persons match 6 of 6 numbers (Match 5 White Balls + Mega Ball) the jackpot prize amount is shared equally among all winning tickets. Those who have selected Cash Option, would receive the Present Cash Value of their share.